Saturday, December 22, 2012

 want to do more of these things in my life:
1. Recycle, Reduce, Reuse.
2. Compost.
3. Grow an edible/medicinal landscape = more basil and beans, less grass.
4. Buy local, organic and fair trade.
5. Use alternative energy.
6. Get to know neighbors, share.

So it has been a while since I had a chance to post but I am happy to say that since I posted last I have been doing more of those items I last spoke about. I just wanted to make a few notes. I have managed to do some of the things I set out to do. 

1. In regards to Recycle, Reduce, Reuse; I have been using more and more recycled and natural supplies in my art work. Also I have been washing out all the glass jars that I use and keep them as cups/bead storage/ flower vases.  
Little things like using old egg crates for paintingCereal boxes for scrapbook (thanks JennyBelly), keeping my other art journal on hand when I paint so that I can use the extra paint and not let it go to waist.
Reduce the amount of water Sean and I use by showering together, getting rid of the hot water, and the heat for that matter! Lot's of blankets at the moment. 


3. Grow an edible/medicinal landscape; Already planing out the spring garden- I would garden in the apt but the cats destroy it. 

4. Buy local, organic and fair trade; I always by locally when I can or by fair trade products that benefit   the needy or that donate to wounded warrior project. I <3 my farmers market!

6. Get to know neighbors, share; This is a big one, share anything from rides to food to clothing... you name it!  

2 comments:

  1. Good post, and I hope you write more frequently. Everyone seems to need a "to-do" list and, as long as it helps the development of who you are and who you want to be, then it's pretty good. The hardest part, it would seem, is to take that FIRST step. It's ually after the frist step that things become easier.

    Again, great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    Thanks, for your interest in my journal work. I sure can meet your request. Do you have an email or FB account where I can contact you? Thanks

    ReplyDelete